As we all gear up (or is it down?) for the New Year celebrations, I thought it would be worth a final 2015 word from The Wealth Consultant.
It has been a successful 6 months with the launch of the site, and exceeded my expectations for this inaugural phase of the site’s development. Some of my personal highlights are as follows:
- REGULARITY: (Almost) sticking to a once per month posting schedule despite a heavy workload in my “other life”
- ATTRACTION: ~2000 sessions on the site from ~1500 unique visitors over 5.5 months
- GLOBAL: Visitors came from 67 different nations, ranging from 23% of visitors from the USA down to 0.05% of visitors from markets such as Laos, Zambia, and Venezuela! As you can see below, if I want total world domination in 2016 I have clearly got to do a better job in Greenland and Africa/Middle East!
- POSTS: Most popular posts were those in the longer “Insights” format, with “Huh… I Have to Add Value as an Advisor!?” and “A Three-Pronged Strategy for Success in Asia-Pacific” leading the way
- AMPLIFICATION: Tying blog post publication to a focused social media amplification strategy worked very well in 2015, with a very strong correlation to visitor traffic when I found the time to put a bigger focus on this
However there is a lot more to do and for 2016 I have plans to ramp things up further (especially if I can do a better job of managing across my professional commitments!), including some special guest contributors from my network of global wealth management experts, more longer-form insight content, and doing a better job of using social media to reach a wider audience. I will however continue to share my musings and road-trips, as these are less formal and are fun to write and share.
Additionally, I am working on something very “top secret” and highly exciting for summer 2016. More to come on this, but the early stages can be seen in the below image. I do enjoy being able to get back to my analyst roots from the early part of my career and wallow in the mud trying to solve industry problems. Watch this space for more on this in the months to come!
Thank you for your interest in the site, and let me wish all of you a very happy New Year celebration, and a fantastic 2016.